KIDS SUMMER COOKING CAMP
(Ages 6 - 11)
BAKE SHOP: Skills & Techniques
August 17 - 20, 2020
10:30 am until 1:00 pm
CURRENT SUMMER COOKING CAMP PROCEDURES
- Bring and wear their own face protection during hands-on portion of class
- Submit to touchless temperature check at beginning of each session
- Respect social distancing when face protection is not being worn
- Use effective hand-washing and sanitizing procedures
- Wear closed toe shoes
- Keep shoulder length or longer hair restrained (must be secured all around so No-Touch is needed)
- Follow directions from Chefs/Instructor and Cooking Class Assistants
- Each participant must bring their own to-go containers each session
Number of participants will be reduced to meet State and Local regulations
All safety and sanitation regulations will be followed
Given the reduced space in the Culinary Center for social distancing, additional guests may NOT stay in the Culinary Center during class. An adult must pick each participant up at the end of each session from Inside the store. Arrangements can be made for Curbside pick-up if needed.
If camps are cancelled due to government action, each participant will receive a full refund of registration fee in the form in which it was paid.
Rolling Pin Summer Camps are a great way to learn new skills in the kitchen, create tasty recipes, and meet lots of new friends. We provide all the ingredients, tools, and FUN!
Cameras are welcome, but cell phones and pagers MUST be turned to vibrate.
Students are taught how to properly use REAL kitchen tools, knives, and appliances safely under adult supervision. Our students come away with the confidence to prepare dishes that are age appropriate and tasty. Our goal is to encourage your child to be a help in the kitchen and to have fun while building a lifetime of good skills.
Students should be prepared to measure, use a mixer, work together as a team and have creative ideas of decorating with guidance from Chef Barb and the Cooking Class Assistants.
Students will come away with the skills and techniques to bake muffins, scones, coffee cakes, cookies, cupcakes and puff pastries. PLUS creatively decorate them.
ON THE MENU:
Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Cranberry White chocolate scone
Peanut Butter Chocolate Drop cookie
Tennessee Icebox cookies
Ice cream cone cupcakes
Day 4 :
Quick puff pastry or we can buy it - might be easier
Bistro apple tart
Ham, cheese egg puff pastry